- Auntie Dot (COM): "Noble Leader, seek immediate medical attention."
The view zooms in and follows the Pelican.
- Auntie Dot (COM): "Noble Leader, please respond."
The camera switches to the cockpit of the Pelican, with Noble Six moving closer to the pilot seat. Suddenly, several plasma bolts hits the Pelican, impacting Noble Six, flickering his shields. The camera turns to the troop bay of the Pelican, and Emile-A239 is seen firing his Grenade Launcher at the two Banshees. Emile concentrates fire on a single Banshee. The grenade detonates close by, and the EMP disables the Banshee, which swoops up and crashes into its wingman. Both are taken out, but the Phantom still pursues. The camera switches back to the cockpit, and moves in front of Six. Carter, in the pilot seat, takes off his helmet and throws in on to the ground. Blood splatters cover the cockpit window.
- Auntie Dot (COM): "Please respond, Sierra Two-Five-Nine. You are alarming me."
Carter-A259 turns back to Noble Six. His face is bloodied, and his armor is charred from plasma fire.
- Commander Carter-A259: "Not sure how long she's gonna stay together. Skies are jammed up anyways. Gotta get you off her, Lieutenant."
Camera faces a critically injured Noble One. Noble Six, grabbing the pilot chair, looks up.
- Noble Six: "Sir, you-"
- Carter-A259: "Don't wanna hear it. Get the Package to the Autumn."
- Noble Six : "Done."
- Carter-A259: "Not yet, it's not... Emile, go with him/her. It's a ground game now."
The camera switches to Emile, pumping his left shoulder with his fist. In the background, two more Banshees appear.
- Warrant Officer Emile-A239: "It's been an honor, sir."
- Carter-A259: "Likewise... I'll do what I can to draw their fire."
Six turns and walks to the troop bay.
- Carter-A259: "Six. That AI chose you... She made the right choice."
Six and Emile position at the Pelican's tail, ready to jump off. Holding the AI core, Six crouch down as Emile grips the Pelican. Carter counts down with his fingers.
- Carter-A259: "On my mark!"
Carter counts down to zero.
- Carter-A259: "Mark!"
Six and Emile jump down, and the camera switches to Six's point of view. They slide down a canyon, energy shields depleting. They come to a stop. Six looks up as his and Emile's shields recharge. Carter's Pelican flies over them, more Banshees in hot pursuit. Six turns back, placing the AI core on his back. They look up to the road up ahead.
Once More unto the BreachEdit
Six and Emile continue until they reach a cliff edge, overlooking a large area.
- Emile-A239: "Still with us, Commander?"
- Carter-A259 (COM): "Stay low, let me draw the heat. You just deliver that Package."
- Emile-A239: "There's our destination, Six: Pillar of Autumn. Race you to her."
Carter's Pelican, still being pursued by Banshees, zooms away in a distance. After clearing the distracted Covenant troops, Emile-A239 and Six come upon a pair of Mongooses.
- Emile-A239: "Got transport."
If Six stalls:
- Emile-A239: "You think we got time to walk over there?"
After traveling a short distance, the SPARTANs reach another open area. Heavy Orbital Insertion Pods drop and Covenant troops emerge from them. To make the situation worse, a Scarab drops from the sky.
- Emile-A239: "Scarab! Do not engage! Go on, Six!"
Carter's Pelican reappears and distracts the Scarab by shooting its back.
- Carter-A259 (COM): "Get the Package out of there. Remember your objective!"
More Orbital Insertion Pods drop, and another Scarab falls from the sky. After fleeing from the battlefield, the SPARTANs come upon a broken bridge.
- Emile-A239: "Get your head up, Six. We're gonna have to jump it!"
- Emile-A239: "Wraith! Heading our way!"
A Phantom flies overhead as the Mongoose makes a successful jump. Barricades blocks the vehicle's way. Forced to leave their vehicle, Emile and Noble Six continue on foot.
This Town Isn't Big EnoughEdit
- Carter-A259 (COM): "Enemy forces blocking the road up ahead."
- Emile-A239: "Got a Wraith! Southeast side!"
After clearing or rushing through the area, Six and Emile go through a cave.
- Carter-A259 (COM): "Noble! You got a...situation."
A Scarab suddenly drops down in front of Emile and Six.
- Emile-A239: "Mother... We can get past it, sir!"
Emile walks back in hesitation.
- Carter-A259 (COM): "No you can't. Not without help."
- Emile-A239: "Commander, you don't have the firepower!"
The Scarab charges its main cannon, aiming at the two SPARTAN-IIIs. The Pelican flies over and shoots at it. The Scarab is distracted and stops charging its cannon.
- Carter-A259 (COM): "I've got the mass."
- Emile-A239: "Solid copy. Hit 'em hard, boss."
- Carter-A259 (COM): "You're on your own, Noble... Carter out."
Carter rams the Pelican into the Scarab's side as it charges its main cannon again. The Scarab's side bursts into flames, explosions rocking within it. The Scarab falls down the cliff, and a loud explosion is heard. The camera switches back to the two SPARTAN-IIIs.
- Emile-A239: "Crevice to the east. Let's go."
Six nods as he readies his weapon.
Emile and Six enter another cave. Dead bodies of troopers litter the cave.
- Emile-A239: "Buggers. All quiet."
Drones attack the duo, but with skill and superior firepower, the SPARTANs take the Covenant troops down. After taking down several Skirmishers, Emile and Six find the cave's exit. The Sinoviet facility is seen, with the grounded and scrapped Template:UNSCShip being the enormous battlefield between UNSC and Covenant troops.
- Female Trooper: "SPARTANs! Over here!"
- Emile-A239: "Understood. We've got to get to the drydock. Priority One."
- Captain Keyes (COM): "This is Captain Keyes of the Pillar of Autumn. We are tracking you, Noble, but we've got a lot of signal. See you at dry dock, Platform D. I'll be on it myself to receive the Package."
- Emile-A239: "We'll be there, sir."
- Captain Keyes (COM): "You'd better be, soldier, because my countdown is no abort."
After fighting through the Covenant-infested frigate and the Sinoviet factories, the soldiers finally see the massive Autumn in view, firing its 50mm Autocannons.
- Emile-A239: "What's the situation?"
- Trooper: "We rigged the mass driver up top. We lose that, the Autumn will have no covering fire. She'll never make orbit."
- Emile-A239: "Noble to Keyes: we're at the pad."
- Captain Keyes (COM): "Copy, Noble. My Pelican's ready. Clear an LZ and I'll meet you there."
- Emile-A239: "Will do, sir. All right, Six... This is it. I'll man the big gun. You just get to the platform and deliver that Package."
Noble Six fights off numerous waves of Covenant infantry, eventually clearing the platform for Keyes.
- Captain Keyes (COM): "This is Keyes, on hot approach to Platform Delta."
- Captain Keyes: "Good to see you, Spartan. Halsey assured me I could count on you."
- Captain Keyes (Legendary): "Good to see you, Spartan. Catherine assured me I could count on you."
- Noble Six: "Not just me, sir.
Noble Six hands over Cortana to Captain Keyes.
- Captain Keyes: "They'll be remembered."
Keyes turns back towards the Pelican but stops short as a massive shadow appears in the sky. A CCS-class Battlecruiser pushes through the clouds, advancing towards the Pillar of Autumn.
- Captain Keyes: "Cruiser, adjusting heading for the Autumn!| Noble Four, I need fire on that cruiser or we're not getting out of here! Do you copy?
- Emile-A239: " You'll have your window, sir."
- Captain Keyes: "Bridge, this is the Captain. We have the Package. Returning to the Autumn, over.
- Marine (COM): Copy that, over.
A Phantom appears close by, and fires plasma bolts from its forward turret at the two Pelicans. The Pelican escorting Keyes' Pelican is shot down and crashes on the platform Noble Six is standing on. Six dives away from the burning wreck, and Keyes' Pelican flees. Six readies his weapon and turns as the Phantom wheels overhead towards the mass driver, but is forced to duck as the starboard door gunner fires a barrage of plasma at him. The Phantom drops off a pair of Zealots by the Mass Driver. One Zealot is visible to Noble Six, the second is concealed by the Mass Driver. Emile yells in surprise. The first Zealot raises its Energy Sword, but is knocked off its feet by a shotgun blast and drops it, falling on its back to the deck. Emile stands, raises his shotgun, and fires again point-blank into the fallen Zealot's chest, killing it.
- Emile-A239: " Who's next?!"
The second Zealot impales Emile from behind with an Energy Sword, then pulls the Spartan off the blade, holding Emile by the throat.
- Emile-A239: "I'm ready! How 'bout you?!"
Still alive, Emile pulls out his kukri from his shoulder pauldron sheath and stabs the Zealot in the throat. The dying Zealot falls, dragging Emile with it. Keyes' Pelican returns to Platform Delta.
- Marine: "Lieutenant, get on board! We gotta get the hell out of here!"
- Noble Six: "Negative. I have the gun."
Six turns away from the Pelican.
- Noble Six: "Good luck, sir."
- Captain Keyes: "...Good luck to you, Spartan."
Keyes' Pelican leaves.
- Captain Keyes (COM): "Noble Six, I need you to get on that mass driver and cut me a path."
Six moves towards the building housing the mass driver, but is confronted by a Sangheili Field Marshall and an accompanying squad of three Zealots. The four powerful Elites are in turn guarded by several Grunts and an Engineer (on higher difficulties). Noble Six fights his way through and mans the mass driver.
- Captain Keyes (COM): "Cruiser, moving into position. I need it dead!"
Waves of Phantoms and Banshees attack the mass driver.
- Captain Keyes (COM): "Mass driver won't crack those shields! Steady, Spartan!"
The Cruiser begins to charge its ventral energy projector.
- Captain Keyes (COM): Fire! Now, Lieutenant! Hit her in the gut!
If Six stalls:
- Captain Keyes (COM): "You have to fire now, Spartan! We won't survive another hit!"
Noble Six fires. The mass driver slug hits the ventral energy projector on the Cruiser.
The magnetic fields guiding the plasma destabilize, causing a massive explosion that rocks the ship.
- Captain Keyes (COM): "Good guns, Spartan. All stations: brace for cast-off."
The Pelican docks in time, as a few Marines run by the troop bay.
Easter Egg: At this point, if the right thumbstick is held to the right, one can see John-117 inside a cryo-chamber.
Noble Six climbs down the ladder leading to the mass driver as the Pillar of Autumn launches into the sky using atmospheric rocket pods.
- Captain Keyes: "This is the Pillar of Autumn. We're away. And the Package is with us."
Six walks down the valley as the Autumn flies off into space. The Covenant cruiser crashes down in the background.
Fade to black.
Time skips to September 19, 2552. The Pillar of Autumn exits slipspace.
- Captain Keyes: "Cortana, all I need to know is did we lose them?"
- Cortana: "I think we both know the answer to that."
The Autumn is shown slowly drifting off towards Installation 04.