Two Pelicans are shown lowering the Spirit of Fire's slipspace drive.
- Cutter: "Is this really going to work, Professor?"
- Anders: "I believe this is our best hope. The overloaded FTL reactor will cause a chain reaction in the sun."
- Cutter: "Enough to destroy all the ships here before the Covenant can get a chance to make anything of them."
- Anders: "Well, put simply, Captain, our reactor will cause the sun to go supernova, leaving nothing here but dust."
- Serina: "That's the weak part of this plan, if you ask me. We've no way home without that reactor."
- Cutter: "One problem at a time, Serina. If the Covenant get their hands on these ships it will mean the end of the war. We'll take our chances here, to give humanity some hope."
- Anders: "I know it's been a tough call, Captain, but it's the right one."
Forge appears on a monitor, in front of the FTL drive
- Forge: "Spirit of Fire, this is Forge. She's buttoned up and ready to go!"
- Cutter: "Deliver that package safely, Sergeant."
Forge points at the screen and shoulders his shotgun.
- Forge: "Keep the coffee hot. I'll be back before you know it."
- Anders: "I'll be monitoring you from here, Sergeant."
Captain Cutter leaves.
- Serina: "Well, it'll be pretty obvious if he succeeds."
Anders looks down at the floor and shakes her head, with a worried and sad look on her face
Two Pelicans, carrying the FTL drive, are being pursued by Banshees
- Victor-397: This is Victor-397. Stabilizers out, we can't carry her! Going down!
A Banshee scores a fatal hit on one of the Pelicans
- Victor-397: Clear the area, we're dropping cargo!
The Pelicans drop the FTL drive at the last second, both crashing soon after. The FTL drive slides down the hill.
- Cutter: I don't want to take anymore chances flying that core in, we're changing this to a ground operation.
- Forge: "The core is a heavy son of a bitch, use Elephants to drag it up those ramps. They're the only vehicle with enough torque to pull that damn thing."
After the Elephant is created:
- Forge: "Alright, let's hitch the Elephant up to the FTL core and go from there."
- Serina: "If that Elephant gets destroyed on the ramp, the core will roll all the way back down. It's not going to be pretty."
- Serina: "Once the core reaches a flat area, it will no longer be in danger of rolling back down the hill. Get the core to level ground, and do try to avoid any unnecessary jostling."
After fighting up several ramps, against Flood units, Sentinels, and Covenant bases, the core finally reaches the top.
- Forge: "Spirit, we've reached the target site. Orders?"
- Cutter: "Sergeant, engineers are on their way to rig the core. We're nearly there."
The Elephant backs the FTL drive onto a teleporter which is soon sent away.